Day 65 | zero

Zero.  Zilch.  Nil.  Zip.  Diddly Squat.  That's how many snowboarders we had in lessons today.  It's the first time I ever saw a goose egg in my last three years of teaching.  Thank you Winter Olympics.

After reporting to work knowing we had no kids, I put in my one hour stand-by time and then grabbed my camera and headed up to the Mens' Downhill Olympic practice.  It was here I saw 42 of the Olympic athletes practicing on the Dave Murray racecourse.  It was just as exciting as the real thing, if not better!  I didn't pay any money for a ticket to watch the race and it wasn't very crowded so I got a prime viewing location for pictures.  It was very cool and very exciting.  

Next I found my friend Aimee in the Whistler terrain park.  She was hitting medium features with her buddy Jordan.  Again, I grabbed my camera and shot some stills and video of the two of them.  The park was empty, it was snowing, and the conditions were great (aside from a little fog and snow).  I took about three laps with them then headed down to the village to meet the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld.

Yes it was a fun filled and exciting day that never would have happened if we had kids at snowboard school as I would have had to teach.  Thank you Winter Olympics again!  : )  


0 comments: