Day 66 | coyote ugly

Whistler has received a ton of snow in the last few days.  What's even better is that because the Olympics are in town, the ski visitors are at an all time low, leaving fresh tracks to be found all day and no lift lines.  It's awesome.

I was given two level two kids and I have to admit, I was a little disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to enjoy some of the fresh powder up top.  Once I established the kids had good control, I took them down to the village.  They were both learning how to turn.  The conditions in the morning on the lower half of the mountain were pretty hard and kind of icy.  So, I did what I do best, I brought the kids to the Roundhouse so I could check out the fresh snow.  Naturally they loved the powdery conditions and it was easier to learn how to turn on the soft stuff than on the icy stuff.  It took them the rest of the morning to make their way down to the CLC.

After lunch, one kid wanted to practice turns on the Super Carpet.  So we spent the afternoon there and then took a final lap down to the village.  While I was waiting for my kids to catch up to me on Lower Olympic, a coyote crossed the run -- coming from the woods and headed back into the woods on the other side of the run.  It was really cool.  I never saw wild life on the runs before.

0 comments: