Day 71 | Gold Canada Gold!

Not many kids showed up for Club class this morning.  Could be because most instructors hinted to their parents that they were planning on watching the Olympic gold medal game that was scheduled for noon.....  Could be because Canada was going up against their biggest rival (USA) and Canada had much to prove....  I'm sure that was the only reason why kids were missing lessons today.  I'm sure that's the only reason why there was not one skier or rider on the mountain today between the hours of 1:00pm and 3:00pm.

I switched my Club class with Rusty's Club class.  Rusty was working the Zipline in Vancouver today and I figured his level three girls would go much easier on me than three eight year old boys who want nothing but to ride the park.  I was right.  The girls were tired and we took an easy morning hitting only green runs and taking an hour for lunch.

Because the game was on, I figured we'd ride for another hour then head up to the Roundhouse to watch the last half of the hockey game.  It was a perfect plan as we were able to do a bit of riding and we were also able to watch the hockey game where Canada beat USA in sudden death overtime.  We were a little late getting back to the village but no one noticed as every single person in Whistler was watching the game and no one was going to leave the TV screen once USA tied the game with 10 second remaining.  I don't need to tell you what happened in the end .....

1 comments:

Linda said...

Woo-hoo! Canada won!!!!