Day 42 - Alejandro Abogado

It's my final day of a scheduled eight day work week and I was assigned to Ride Tribe.  I'm still fighting a sore throat and woke up this morning without a voice.  I was hoping to be a floater, not assigned a class, and hoping to be able to go home early.  No such luck.  I was handed level three and six of them showed up before 9am.

We stopped by the Super Carpet for a quit rundown to make sure they could all turn.  They passed but once we got up to the Family Zone, I realized five of them were level four!  While only one was a level three.  We had early lunch so it was easy to put the one level three girl in the level two class and then I continued on with five.

Again, there was no new snow and I found it difficult to find good terrain without getting too bored.  I managed to work on four of the eight skills in level four.  We did a lot of riding.  The kids were pretty quick though they were quiet as hell.  None of them were really talking...  to me or to each other.  One kid was from Mexico and he tried to start some conversations.  He was the oldest of the crew at eighteen.  After a bit of questioning, I learned he was a professional Formula Race Car driver on the Euro circuit.  I googled him at lunch and showed off his images to the other kids.  We even took some photos with him.  He was a good sport.

We finished the day just after 3pm.  We didn't spend much time signing out due to the cold weather.  There was an inversion today, so while the temps at the Roundhouse were +1, it was about -8 down in the Village.  Brrrr ....

0 comments: