Day 41 - Happy New Year

Traditionally, January isn't a big month for snow in Whistler and today was no different.  Still no snow overnight and with an inversion, the temps in the Village and at mid-station were cold.  It's week number two for snowboard Adventure Camp but I'm not scheduled for AC.  Instead I was assigned level one Destination kids.  We had 23 Riders and 9 Lil Rippers in lessons.

Level one is good guarantee you will get a class as some kid always rocks up who has never snowboarded before.  I filled up my class with six kids before 9am and headed to the CLC.  I was afraid my day was going to drag on but it went by fairly quickly.  All the kids were great on their edges so by early afternoon, I took them to the Supercarpet.  

Oh, I had a boy pee his pants today.  I think he was 9 years old and he was so upset.  He told me "the elevator was too slow" ... meaning the Magic Carpet didn't take him up in time so he peed.  Poor kid.  He was crying.  Luckily it happened early enough in the day so we had time to wash and dry his ski pants before it was time to go home.

We finished the day at the CLC doing the jump.  I enjoyed the six kids I taught today.  Tomorrow I'm scheduled for Ride Tribe.  I'm not expecting to get a class higher than level two but we will see.  No snow in the forecast so it doesn't really matter what I get.  Groomers are getting pretty boring.  

0 comments: