Day 55 - Ozzies

After a long day with Lil Rippers yesterday, I was pleased when I got the call to report to Ride Tribe today.  I was expecting level ones but was assigned level threes.  Six of them rocked up by 9am and we were at the top of Excelerator Chair before 9:30am.

We spent the morning on Easy Out working on turning.  Just before lunch, one boy went down with a possible broken forearm.  That left me with five kids and after lunch we headed over to Whistler as there is better novice terrain over there.

It was cloudy, no new snow, and the sun shined a bit here and there.  Conditions are now hard packed. We stayed on Whiskey Jack, Ego Bowl, and Jolly Green Giant.  Our final run was back to the Village via Orange Peel to Tokum.  All the kids were engaging and three of them really wanted to learn all they could.  I enjoyed the teaching experience today as they were a sponge soaking up how to ride better and get better positioning on their board.  By 3pm they were all exhausted.  They signed themselves out and I was told to report back to Tribe tomorrow.

0 comments: