Day 58 - double snowboarding

After resting for the past three days, I decided I should give work a try.  I figured I could teach level ones since there is usually no snowboarding (for me) involved when teaching kids who have never ridden before.

Things have slowed down significantly since MLK weekend.  We only had 13 snowboarders including four Lil Rippers.  Luckily for me, four kids rocked up who never snowboarded before so I was able to teach a class.  The day felt like forever since I was pretty sore even though I was only walking up and down the Magic Carpet.  I also a lost a kid to patrol shortly after lunch as he caught an edge and banged his head pretty bad.  His description was "ringing in the ear and vision a bit foggy but otherwise I'm fine" -- Definitely thought those comments needed an assessment from Ski Patrol.

Funny Lil Ripper quote of the day:

Me - "Do you know when your birthday is?"
4 yr old - "August"
Me - "August what?  Do you know the day?"
4 yr old - "yea, July 1st!"

0 comments: