Day 37 - solo

The snow was still flying on Sunday morning so I decided to ride solo today. Alli headed back to school and Kevin needed to go to the states to get a script filled. I was looking forward to a day of solidarity as I wanted to explore more of Whistler with hopes of finding some good runs I didn't know of. Mission accomplished.
I ventured off towards Club 21. A black diamond tree run off of Raven that I never noticed before. Nothing too difficult but it was kind of tracked out. After that I ran over to Marmot and headed into those trees from 3 different entrances. I spent most of my day there. The storm was still lingering around and even though Operations had hoped to open the Alpine, neither the Peak Chair or Harmony Chair opened. I was hoping to do some exploring off Harmony but it didn't happen.
Instead I found a few hidden runs off Franz as I made my way back down to Creekside. I rode for 3 solid hours straight! It was a much needed day of solo riding. Once again the snow was incredible!
I have noticed a drastic improvement in my riding also. Last year at this time, I was just starting to run tree lines and this year I feel so confident through the trees. The powder board is great also! I'm so glad I had it for the past couple of days. Back to work Monday. I've done so much riding the last three days, honestly, I could use the downtime........ (famous last words)

0 comments: