Day 46 - work is never guaranteed

The sun was shining and it was cold today. I was ready for work and hoping for an Adventure Camp class so I could be guaranteed work for the next three days. Unfortunately, so were the four other co-workers that were working today. 18 kids were signed up for school but there weren't a lot of different levels. That meant two of us had to go home and since I wasn't a 20-something year old in desperate need of money, I volunteered to go. Took a quick run from Olympic to the village and called it a day.
It's Martin Luther King Day and there were many license plates from the states in the parking lots. I overheard someone in the locker room saying they could tell the Americans were here this week as "the Americans leave the place a mess". Whether it's true or not, this is the impression Americans leave behind to the rest of the world. I tend to agree with the statement as the village, lift lines, and restaurants have noticeably more trash left behind when many Americans are visiting. Sad.

4 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

Hey Ronia - That's disappointing we have that reputation.

I have tagged you on my current post. No pressure. Answer only if you like.

Anonymous said...

You drink your milk with ice?

What about the need for two bath towels even though you could shake your head once or twice and it would be dry?

or... about leaving the lights on?

or........

Hey! Remember when.... ? ;)

Ronia Nash said...

Still use the two bath towels!

but I now shut the lights off everywhere!

... go figure

yea I remember when...

Anonymous said...

I can't think of any more...