Day 44 - Peak to Creek

We had three classes of kids and 5 instructors working this AM. I was the first to opt out. It probably wasn't the best move on my part since I was guaranteed a level 3 class and there was only one kid in that level. But honestly, I didn't feel like freezing my butt off all day again. The inversion is still happening so it wasn't as cold in the Alpine as it was at lunch level but I didn't care.

Instead of working, I decided to head up to the top and take a couple runs before I headed home to chill-lax for the day. Little did I know the sun was shining on a blue sky in the Alpine and the winds were calm. Seemed like a perfect day to try Peak to Creek!

Peak to Creek is the longest intermediate run in North America. The total distance of the run is 3.3miles! It winds along the back of Whistler Mountain and ends up at Creekside. On a day like today, the scenery is amazing. I didn't wander off the groomed run as the snow is starting to get a little crusty and it has lost all of its light fluffy-ness (sniff, cry).

I tried to capture the essence of the peak, the beauty, and the vastness with the video. I hope you get the idea. I also took a few pics.

1 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

Ronia these pictures are amazing! And I loved the video. Really beautiful!