Day 40 - morning session

Morning session is one of the perks of being an instructor. You can sign up to take a morning session the day before, then instead of reporting to work first thing in the a.m., you report to the gondola and a group of you go for a couple runs (and get paid). Not to mention, you are usually the first people on the mountain and making fresh tracks is almost guaranteed!
Since I didn't get a high level class yesterday, I figured I would sign up for session today. I wanted to guarantee myself a few good runs in case I had a low level class again. Luckily for me, another 15cm fell overnight.
When we got to the Roundhouse, the powder was amazing. It was pillowy soft, not touched, and the sun was just starting to rise above the mountain. My group headed off to the tree runs I enjoyed so much this weekend. Mom and Pop trees I guess is what they are called (something like that). The only negative to the run was that I didn't have my powder board, I had my regular all mountain board. And not that this is a bad board, I just noticed how much more effort it takes to move this board along when there is a ton of fresh snow under it vs. the powder board that just floats to the top. I definitely noticed using much more energy with the all mountain board. Not a biggee but made me appreciate that powder board even more. Took two runs down through these trees and not wanting to be late for work, I headed down to the CLC on Upper Olympic that again, was untouched with corduroy underneath a fresh 6inches of pillow soft snow. Unfortunately, I was a bit early for work and I could have taken another run. Note for next session.
Good thing I sessioned as I did end up with another low level class and spent the day on the carpets once again. Another storm is headed to Whistler for the weekend but the freezing levels are forecasted to rise so this might be the end of the powder for a bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Martini Cartwheels said...

I like Mr. & Mrs. Snowman. Did you make those? The early morning picture is beautiful.

Ronia Nash said...

no I didn't make them. The lift operators get bored during the day.
Last week they built a 10ft tall snowman and put David Hasselhoff's face on it. It was funny. Wish I got a pic.