Day 51 - TELUS Winter Classic

The TELUS Winter Classic is an action packed weekend event featuring a fun Race Classic, food and wine galore, famous live and silent auctions and spectacular entertainment all for charity. It's the reason why we are spending the weekend in Whistler. Today was race day and a slalom course was set up at the bottom of Ego Bowl.
Kevin and I raced head to head. The first trip down he wiped out trying to make the turn around the third gate. The second race was a bit closer but I pulled out the win. After that we headed to the village, Kevin practicing his carving and I was practicing riding switch (backwards riding). We had a couple pieces of leftover pizza for lunch back at our hotel then I headed up to Blackcomb while Kevin headed to the Whistler Brewery to drink some beer with his vendor.
It was snowing all day but by late afternoon the runs were choppy with lots of patches of snow and ice. It was windy on Blackcomb and visibility wasn't great. I took Cat Skinner down to Cruzer where I ended up back in the village. One more run on Whistler via Orange Peel and Bear Paw then over to Crabapple and back to the bottom where I met the rest of our group at the pub for a beer.

1 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

Looks like fun!