Day 55 - training part two

I was amped to get back to training today! Another 5inches of snow fell overnight and there was nothing but blue instructor jackets heading down the slopes sucking up all the fresh lines.

Our instructor took us over to Blackcomb where he started us with a lesson on drops. Drops are going over a ledge (cliff) and dropping down into the run. Drops can be anywhere from 1ft to 100ft down ... of course, I was only doing about 1ft drops. We then made our way into the Blackcomb Terrain Park and worked on jumping spines (a spine is a jump resembling the shape of an oblong pyramid). As you can imagine, doing things that involve my snowboard actually leaving the ground scares the crap out of me! and by lunch, I was mentally exhausted.

After lunch we headed over to the boarder cross track (I'm sure you've seen boarder cross on TV, if not, check it out some time, ... it's pretty insane!). We then ran a few mogul trails and ended the day with a run through the halfpipe. It was a pretty insane day for a lowkey rider like myself but it was great to learn the techniques of how to do all this different stuff. Now I can practice on my own without the stress of having to look cool doing it in a Whistler Blackcomb instructor's uniform. LOL!

0 comments: