Day 56 - head over heels

After taking Cabo to the Vet first thing this morning, Kevin and I headed up to Whistler only to find a full parking garage at Creekside. Hmmm, what's up with that? So we pay parked under Pan Pacific and uploaded via the Village Gondola. Conditions were sunny and cold, a slight breeze and 5cm of snow overnight. By the time we made it to the Roundhouse, all of the runs had been tracked out but they were still nice with packed powder.

A warm up run down Lower Whiskey Jack to Orange Peel and Tokum then back up via Garbanzo. The Garbanzo chair stopped for a good 15min and we took that time to admire the beauty of this wonderful place we live in.

The Garbanzo runs were too shady for Kevin's vision so we thought we'd give Harmony and Sun Bowl a try. Ten feet into the Sun Bowl, which was heavily mogulled and very steep, I took a tumble trying to turn toeside. And by tumble, I mean that I "looked like a big rubber ball bouncing down the moguls". (quoted by Kevin Nash) Lucky for me I stopped bouncing after four complete rotations and no part of me was in pain! Kevin found it very amusing as he is usually the one tumbling down the runs. Where's the video camera when you need it?

0 comments: