Day 62 - CASI Level 2 prep

In order to teach snowboarding in Canada, you have to get your Instructor certification through CASI ...... Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors. Their objective is to train and certify snowboard instructors to ensure that a national standard of safe and efficient instruction is maintained. CASI offers four levels of Instructor certification. I have the first level (Level One) but I am hoping to take the second level at the end of March.
I've mentioned the available training sessions available to instructors in the past. Today I signed up for a CASI Level 2 Prep, an all day session designed to help you pass your Level 2 instructors certification. Class started at the top of Blackcomb at 10am. 4cm of snow overnight, low visibility and cold winds were what we started the day with.
We worked on our riding ..... intermediate and advanced sliding turns. We did some A&I .....analyze and instruct. We also hit some tree runs to help improve our steering and even found a few drops. The Level 2 Instructors course is a 4 day course so we didn't have time to cover everything there is to know. I need to take this session about 10 more times before I feel confident passing the course.

3 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

I didn't know you were certified. I bet you get up to Level 4 before you know it.

Ronia Nash said...

In order to be a Level 4, You have to be able to do a 540 off a jump. That's jump and spin around one and a half times! I'll never do that....

Martini Cartwheels said...

Yes you will.