Day 61 - hugs

Ahhh.... finally Friday! My kids from yesterday returned and we added one more guy from Alabama. Not much snow to report overnight and the winds were houling at the Roundhouse. We stuck to green runs before lunch and found lots of jumps and wall rides. After lunch, the kids wanted to go down Tokum (a hard blue run) but in order to get to Tokum we had to ride through some other steep blue runs with moguls and a short black run. They aced those runs with no problem and were turning down most of them! And they all loved it/had a blast! At the end of class we hit the box and the jump at the CLC and worked on 180s.
I always ask my kids what they learned at the end of the day. Today's answers were:
" I learned how to turn on my toe side."
" I learned how to go over moguls."
" I learned how to turn down black runs."
and
" I learned how to keep going fast when I go straight."
Sounds like a job well done!
Jinny was a tiny quiet girl I've had for the past three days. I don't believe she said 20 words all week. I tried to pay a lot of attention to her since she was the only girl in the class and she was really slow so the boys were always patiently waiting for her. At the end of the day, she gave me a huge hug! and her mom took her picture with me. Tips are greats but hugs always mean so much more. Thanks Jinny.

This is the event poster for Pride Week. I find the hard body in the goggles hilarious and unfair to the lesbians of the event. Where is the hot chic in the other goggles? Someone should complain. : )

6 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

I didn't even notice the hardbody until you mentioned it. Guess I wasn't looking for a stud muffin in the poster. It's a cool sign but it would be nice for the girls to get equal billing if you know what I mean. I think it's great that they have a Pride Week however.

Martini Cartwheels said...

Did any kids say they learned "not to pee in my pants"?

Ronia Nash said...

No more pant p'p but another instructor today had a kid diarrhea his pants!

Martini Cartwheels said...

Oh no. Poor thing. Hey, s**t happens. Not a good look in bright white snow.

Anonymous said...

Gay Pride Week and you didn't tell me!?!

Ronia Nash said...

Well, you're not into winter sports.....