Day 101 - last day of work

I reported to work late and groggy this AM as I had no motivation to spend my day in the unseasonably cold temperatures.  I was hoping to be sent home with a "thank you" for the season.  No such luck as the eight kids signed up for snowboard school made up 4 different classes.
Once again I had my Korean kid who was now a low level 4.  We headed straight to the top first thing in the morning.  I wouldn't have thought the 5cm of fresh snow overnight would have changed the cruddy/icy conditions of the week so I was pleasantly surprised to find a lot of fresh powder on the groomers (the pic is my fresh tracks by the Chic Pea on Lower Whiskey Jack).
After lunch we tagged along with my other favorite Korean kid in the level 5 class.  Took a few runs down to Red Chair, killed some time at the Tree Fort then called it a day.  It was snowing like crazy in the afternoon so conditions for Saturday might be fairly tolerable.  
It seemed like the season just started and it has now come to an end.  Well, the work season.... technically, Whistler is open until Sunday and Blackcomb is open through the end of July.  In the meantime, Whistler turns into a bike park/sightseeing mountain.  
 

2 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

Ronia I can't believe it has been 100 days already! It seems like I was just asking you when the season was going to start. Pretty amazing.

I hope this doesn't mean I have to wait till next November to read another post by you.

Thanks for sharing all the great stories and pics from the mountain this past season.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.