Day 103 - on Course

First day of my CASI Level 2 certification.  I'm geared up for 4 full days of riding.... joy.  There are 6 people in my group, 4 of which (including myself) work for Whistler Kids.  We got a great instructor who also works for Whistler Kids.  It's nice having people around you that you know vs. talking and teaching to perfect strangers.
Conditions today were wet, cold, snowy, rainy, and wet.  It rained up to Jersey Chair then turned to snow about a third of the way up.  We spent the entire day taking runs down Wishbone practicing intermediate and advanced sliding turns.  The snow was slushy and slow.  My gear was cold and wet.   I felt my confidence go up as the day went on.  No teaching for us today, just riding evaluations with feedback.  Hoping to improve every day as the week goes on.  I pray the soft conditions don't turn to sheets of ice ..... 

0 comments: