Day 98 - aren't we suppose to be snowboarding???

I started the day with a Level 2 star kid and a Level 3 star kid.  The difference between the two is fairly significant .... one can turn easily down green runs and with confidence, one has a hard time turning and usually falls a lot.  I had the level 2 kid yesterday but he fell so much that he quit after lunch.  He's been in lessons for the last 6 days and some other instructor told him he was a level 3 (no way he was) ..... but I felt bad putting him back down to a lower class so I kept him. Boy was that a mistake.
Half way down Whiskey Jack, he started crying and saying he was bored with s-turns and wanted to go home.  I calmed him down and told him he could pendulum the rest of the way and once we got back to the CLC we would ride the box.  He was okay with that until his legs practically gave out at the bottom of Olympic Run.  In order to make it the rest of the way down, we both took off our snowboards and walked about a half mile.
During lunch I put him with a lower class but I believe my Supervisor ended up calling his parents to pick him up.  I wonder if he is going to return tomorrow for the last day of Adventure Camp.
In the meantime, I picked up a kid from another class who was turning confidently.  We took about three runs down the family zone before he fell on his butt super hard and again.... I was walking a kid down another run.  

1 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

He's so cute!