Day 105 - Brrrr.....!!!!!

Third day into my CASI Level 2 course .... the day started off great as the sun was shining and all the runs were groomed with perfect corduroy.  By noon, the clouds covered the warm sun and I was shivering like crazy.  Luckily the sun poked in and out during the afternoon so it wasn't as bad.  Snow is amazing for this time of year.  
I was nervous coming into today as I knew we would be working on carving and I didn't think I could carve.  We spent most of the day in 7th Heaven.  The basic agenda of the course goes like this:  instructor teaches us the 5 basic snowboarding skills for the turn we're working on ..... in today's case:  carving.  We break for lunch and in the afternoon the students practice teach the skills we were taught in the AM.  In between, our riding is evaluated throughout the day.  I did surprising well with my carving as I was given mostly high praise.  I'm hoping to continue that into tomorrow which is nothing but testing for the entire day.

0 comments: