Day 97 - hot .... hot ..... hot ......

Spring is here!  Easter week is here!  It's crazy busy!  40 snowboarders today and over 300 skiers!  It's madness.  And the temperatures are madness!  It's about 60°F in the Village at 5pm.  Even I only wore a tshirt today ... and I never just wear a tshirt as I'm always a bit chilly.  The sun was shining like mad today and I wore my sunnies with hopes of covering up a bit of my goggle tan.

Snowboard Adventure Camp is this week (since it's so busy) and I ended up with one "Never Ever" from Barbados who surfs.  I had to take some of the Destination kids (guys who are only in lessons for one day at a time) so my class was full at seven.  I didn't mind spending the day in the sun on the Magic Carpet as the conditions down there were exactly the same as the conditions up top .... but to my surprise, my entire class was AMAZING!!!  By lunchtime, I took all of them down to the village and not via a green run, I took them down Northern Lights (blue square).  Naturally they only zig zagged but for kids to be zig zagging in control just after two hours of lessons is unheard of!  Once in awhile you get one who can do it, but NEVER do you get seven who can all do it!  It was so much fun.  And half of them were turning.  A few are coming back tomorrow and I'm looking forward to another fun day in the sun!

0 comments: