Day 80 | freshies on Magic Carpet

Back to crazy busy at Whistler Kids .... over 500 kids this week including over 60 in Snowboard School. We received 29inches (74cm) of the most amazingly light snow in the last 72 hours!  The winds were gusting up to 100kph resulting in the closure of top half of the Village gondola all day and Red & Green chairs never opened until close to noon.

My fingers were crossed that I would get a high level class but I was assigned level two Adventure Campers.  Once everything was sorted out, I ended up with level ones.  Darren and I split eight kids.  A couple of them are "muppets" and won't get past the Magic Carpet this week but all the kids are super nice.

There was a ton of fresh powder at the CLC area.  We didn't even teach the kids to sideslip in the morning because there was too much snow.  They all strapped on their boards and just straight lined.  It snowed like crazy all day.  Surprisingly the time went by pretty fast.  We managed to get a few kids side slipping in the afternoon and of course, we built a huge jump.  Darren and I split up the kids by age for the next couple of days.  I'm hoping to get my kids turning by the end of tomorrow.  But with more snow in the forecast, that might be a tough task.  

0 comments: