Day 83 | Privates Request

Sixty five inches of snow in the last seven days! and still counting ......
One of my Adventure Camp girls booked me as a requested private for a half day.  As much as I was excited (especially for my pay rate), I was a little disappointed as today was set to be an epic pow day.  With all the snow we've received lately, combined with the Alpine not opening yesterday, I knew today was going to be amazing up there.  Unfortunately, my kid was a low level two so there was no early morning powder riding with Irish or with anyone else for that matter.

I met with Savannah at 8:45am and we were atop the gondola before 9:30am.  The snow soft and I figured it would be easier for her to practice her turns up there rather than at the boring Olympic Chair.  We took two runs down Ego Bowl before heading in for a hot chocolate.  After our break, Savannah wanted to go to the Olympic Chair so we downloaded to mid-station and managed to squeeze one run in before needing to download for noon to end the lesson.

Afterwards, I headed back up to the Alpine where the lift lines for Peak Chair and Harmony were over 15 minutes long.  I got in the singles line at Peak with intentions of going to Symphony to find Libby and Sean.  But the longer I stood in line staring at the Peak, the more I wanted to stay right where I was.  When I got off the chair, I found myself heading to Christmas Trees.  The snow was pretty chopped up on the way, but there were nice lines to be found in the trees.  Unfortunately, the run was too short and before I knew it, I was on Highway 86 heading to Red Chair.

I rode towards Harmony traversing right through Ratfink.  When I popped out of the trees and looked at the Harmony lift line, I decided to head back to Emerald Chair as I didn't feel like standing in the queue.  My last run was through Enchanted Forest and back to the village.

0 comments: