Day 93 | too many kids in a gondola

Thirty inches of snow has fallen in the last 48 hours here at Whistler Blackcomb.  I haven't been able to enjoy much of it until today.  I was assigned level fours and took five kids up the gondola.  They all insisted their s-turns were strong.  I realized once we hit Whiskey Jack that I had mostly level threes and a level two.  I made the mistake of jumping off the groomer into the powder at the SLOW sign.  It didn't take too long before four kids were so stuck, in the almost waist deep snow, that they ended up taking off their snowboards and walking down to Ego Bowl.  (tee hee)  That's the first time that's ever happened!!!  They were all huffing and puffing and cursing the sight of powder.  : )

We slowly made our way down to the CLC where we took a much needed rest (long lunch) and tried to figure out how to shake up the mix.  The level 5 Instructor ended up taking the one level 4 and I team taught nine level threes with Bel.

We spent the afternoon riding green groomers.  The snow was super soft packed and most of the fresh powder was tracked out.  We weren't allowed to go through trees.  The winds were gusting up to 100kph so the Alpine never opened.  The day went by pretty fast and I think we did a good job at getting the kids to like the idea of powder.    

0 comments: