Day 94 | fresh tracks

Irish and I finally got out of bed early enough and made it to Fresh Tracks.   It snowed six inches overnight but the Alpine never opened yesterday so anything we hit today was going to be amazing .... and it was!

Once the bell rang, we hit Mom and Pop trees twice then ran down to Red Chair via the trees off Whiskey Jack.  We then headed to Harmony and waited in line for about a half hour before the chair opened.  The sun came out during that half hour but it was cloudy for most of the day.  Fresh lines down the side of Sun Bowl awaited for us as we headed into Symphony dropping off the cat track into the trees.    We managed to squeeze in about four or five runs in Symphony before Irish headed off to work.

I ran into the kids (Libby, Sean, & Jordan) at the top of Symphony Chair just as Irish was about to leave.  They were riding down the face under the chair dropping the rock and the cornice.  I somehow managed to get up enough guts to drop the cornice myself.  Bel, from Snowboard School saw us under the chair so I beckoned for her to come on down and drop it with me.  She did!  We ended up having a group of about ten people dropping the cornice about three different times.  It was fun.

By 2pm I was exhausted so I ended to the never-ending cat track and made my way down to the Village. Back to work tomorrow and I'm sure there will plenty of nice, soft snow to be shredded tomorrow with my Saturday Club kids.

Jordan dropping Symphony Rock

0 comments: