Day 100 - bear in your underwear

The Spring weather has set upon Whistler with sunny skies forecasted for the week.  Today was no exception and my goggle tan is coming along quite nicely.  It was my 100th day on the snow and I couldn't have spent it with anyone better -- my little buddy Amalia.

In the morning we took a couple of Emerald laps with Oak, Rowan, and Morgan.  We learned the "buddy system" through the trees and took a couple of laps through the terrain park.  After lunch Amalia and I ventured out alone.  The season is quickly coming to an end and I want to double check her skills so I know what level to put her in next year.  I had her ride switch down Dave Murray (a black diamond).  We then hit Blue Velvet (the bike trail) where we got a bit stuck on the step up.  It was there that the buddy system came in handy as she got stuck in the powder.  Probably her biggest accomplishment for today was doing a 180 off the new Lil Ripper jump course.  Dad was happy to see that.  It was a fun day and we did a lot of shredding!

0 comments: