Day 98 - We R Not Feeling It!

After a late breakfast, Irish and I headed up Whistler to meet up with Andy Rob.  It was almost noon by the time we got up Peak Chair and just as we got off the chair, Andy texted to tell us he was leaving Symphony and heading in for lunch.  Irish and I decided to take a run down Christmas Trees then meet up with Andy in the Roundhouse afterwards.

It was cold and sunny with no new snow and every trail you could see was completely tracked out.  As we dropped down into Whistler Bowl, there was nothing but 3-5 foot moguls in front of us.  I definitely wasn't in the state of mind to deal with such moguls but I was too far down to turn back so I drudged on.  We made it to Christmas Trees and unfortunately that area was tracked out too.  The snow was hard and chunky where it was tracked but the few spots of fresh that we found was super soft nice snow.  Unfortunately, there wasn't too many of those spots to be found.

We met up with Andy and caught up with him for about an hour.  Finally we decided to call it a day and rode groomers down to Creekside.  It was a nice day as the sun was warm and the sky was blue.  There is no snow in the forecast again for at least a week and I'm going to need to find places to ride with my Club kids starting tomorrow.  One more month of Snow School left -- time flies.

0 comments: