Day 96 - shredding with JM

Since I was called off work, I was planning on showing up and acting like I didn't get the message but then I remembered that tickets for WSSF went on sale today at Club Shred prices at 9am.  I was up early (before 7am ... because that's what always happens when I don't have to wake up for work) and caught a ride to the Village with Jean-Michel.  We bought our tickets and were at the top of Garbanzo before 9:25am.

There was 12cm of fresh snow in the morning with a forecast of up to 25cm by late afternoon.  Unfortunately, the winds were gusting pretty hard so they never opened the Alpine.  We made the most of the morning lapping Garbo a couple of times.  We got some fresh lines with some crust underneath in spots.  We then took a couple of laps under the Peak 2 Peak gondola which was the nicest runs of the day.  We finished a few hours later out by McConkey Trees, where the snow was shredded, it was heavy, and it was very crusty underneath.  By noon the Cat Tracks were ice and we decided to call it a day.  I stopped at the CLC for a coffee and some soup then downloaded the gondola.

0 comments: