Day 67 - and snow it begins

IT SNOWED!!!!!   Yaaaaaayyyyy!  I was switched from Ride Tribe to Destination and was assigned to "float", which meant I didn't get assigned a class.  I was okay with that as it was Family Day and I got paid regardless if I worked or not.  In fact, three of us didn't get a class (me, Bel, & Billy).  We hung out at the CLC until lunch and we chowed on some cheese pizza while watching the snow fall outside.  By the time it was said and done, we got just under 6" of light fluffy white stuff.

None of us were too keen on spending the day riding so we decided to take a lap after lunch to check out the snow situation up top.  Crossing our fingers we'd get some fresh tracks.  We got some fresh tracks all right.  You had to be careful as the snow was so light, it was easy to scrape off and you'd hit the ice underneath.  We ran through Ego Bowl and over to Coyote Trees.  Once we came to Emerald Chair, the queue was out the gates (it is Family Day after all) - so we continued our way down to the Village where we all went our separate ways.

The fresh snow is great news but what's even better is that snow is forecasted everyday for the next seven days.  Nothing big, but a little each day will do us all wonders ......  so I'm looking forward to knocking out the boredom on my board and starting to shred the season FINALLY!

0 comments: