Day 74 - Yes, we are single!

Another 21cm overnight and there is more snow scheduled to fall for the next few days.  Great news for all you Americans here to celebrate Presidents' Week.  I was pleasantly surprised when I was assigned level four's in Ride Tribe.  Two kids showed up for my level but Meghan had eight level threes so we took a lap together first thing in the morning.  By the time we reached the Olympic Chair, I took two of her kids and spent the rest of the morning with four quiet teenagers in my class.  

There was plenty of powder to be found through Green Acres and one of the girls I took from Meghan was exhausted by the third lap.  Luckily it was lunchtime by this point so we headed in.  During lunch, we did some switching about:  I gave one girl back to Meghan and Jonnie gave me one level five.  I still yielded four kids in my class when the shuffle was all said and done.

The nice thing about teaching Ride Tribe is the older kids are allowed to do a few more things that the younger kids normally can't do.  For instance, riding through trees is a bit more lenient with teenagers.  Yay!  Because of this, we lapped Whiskey Jack trees about three times.  The kids loved it in there.  We also hit Wild Card, Jimmy's Joker, Dave Murray, Tokum etc.  By the end of the day, the only girl in the class got the boys to open up so they were all joking around and talking with each other.  It was nice to see.  Obviously, the day went by quite quickly.  We ran a lot of miles and it was pretty fun, especially the knee deep pow!

0 comments: