Day 71 - seven days, thirty inches

Another five inches fell overnight but I had a tough time getting out of bed.  I was hoping Patrol would open Harmony early as I had to exit by 12:30pm.  Nate and I reached the top of Red Chair around 10am and someone yelled "Harmony is open!" so we took off as fast as we could towards the six packer.  It didn't take us long to realize someone was crying wolf as the chair was no where close to being open.  Winds were gusting all through the Family Zone and we were wondering whether the chair was going to open at all.

We lapped the Emerald Chair for a couple laps and found lots of great snow through the Terrain Park trees and through Coyote Trees.  Lift lines were long as it's the start of Presidents Week and things are expected to be super busy this weekend.  We decided to run through Whiskey Jack trees and by the time we reached Red Chair, Harmony had opened.  It was after noon and I didn't have time to enjoy the fresh Harmony pow so Nate rocked off and I headed home.

Snow base is currently 178cm (70") - Another 64cm is forecasted to fall between Saturday and Tuesday.

0 comments: