Day 75 - snow more snow

The snowfall overnight was minimal (compared to what we have been getting) but the snowfall during the day reached 18cm so far (at 18:00) and it's still snowing!!!  I have to admit I am pretty tired of shoveling my stairway and cleaning off my car.

Snowboard School was busy this morning with over 50 kids signed up between Destination and Adventure Camp.  I was assigned level two's with Nick and we shared twelve to fourteen of them with Joshy.  The Village was busy and it was snowing like crazy.  It took us fifty minutes to get on the Gondola via the Snow School line.  The powder on the Magic Carpet was way too much for the kids to handle.  It was hard to get an idea of what kids could do on their snowboards because there was so much snow.  The entire morning was a bit of a cluster, with Nick and I just standing around, watching the kids try to flatten out the powder.

During lunch, we shuffled a few kids around and then took nine of them down to the Village.  That killed a bunch of time and we finished the day with a jump .... by the time we got to making the jump, the snow had risen to about a foot of fresh and the kids could barely get enough speed to get to the jump.  It was crazy how much snow fell today.  I'm hoping for a higher level class tomorrow.

0 comments: