Day 102 | no thumbs in the gloves

More snow fell overnight bringing the snow base to over 12.5 feet!  When I arrived in Whistler first thing in the morning, it was snowing in the village.  Yesterday was the busiest day in Whistler Kids this season.  We had over 1200 kids between Blackcomb and Whistler.  Amazing!!  We sorted out a new way to keep the 75+ snowboarders in organized and into their correct levels quickly.  Before 10am, my AC class (and one Destination kid) and I were ready to head up the gondola.... that's record time!

I'm starting to get a larger split between the kids now.  I have one or two who are very slow and two or three who are pretty quick.  It's still manageable but I'm not sure for how much longer.  I decided to get the kids into the powder today and headed for the drop off Whiskey into Ego.  They all loved it.  We practiced on green groomers for the rest of the morning hitting that drop a few times.

After lunch I ventured over to Jolly Green Giant to see how the kids would do turning on a blue run.  As I expected, half turned with no problem and half couldn't turn at all.  Back to the powder and the green groomers for us.  We headed down to the CLC early and I made a nice jump for the kids to practice on.  Before we knew it, it was time to download the gondola and call it another day.

It takes a lot of food to feed over 600 kids!

0 comments: