Day 115 | ski buffer

Started my day with a beginner skier being out of control and rolling right over my snowboard while trying to stop.  Aimee, Jordan, and Pippen had already taken a few laps before I got up.  Took a warm up run through the park to check out the conditions.  It was cool and cloudy.  It wasn't icy but it wasn't soft either. After a couple runs through the small park, I decided to try another demo board.  This time I went with a full cambered Rossignol and hated it for turning but it was super soft over the jumps.  Next I tried an Endeavor reverse camber board and I really liked that.  I think I'll get one of those for next season with some super flexy Flux bindings.

The sun poked through the clouds a few times here and there and softened the snow up but the landings for the jumps were horrible as they were all chewed up.  Today was Whistler's last day to be open for the 09/10 season and I guess the Park Crew had better things to do than to maintain the jumps.  We were done by 1pm and decided to call it a day.  Guess we're heading to Blackcomb for the month of May and running the terrain garden.

0 comments: