Day 112 | fat lady sings

Last Day of Whistler Kids!  We had three snowboarders show up and they were all never-evers.  I was given the class and my Supervisor sent home three instructors.  We headed to the CLC and proceeded to learn how to snowboard.  By 10am, I clearly had one weak rider who wasn't quite grasping it, and two boys who were already turning on their own.  I had to call my Supervisor to call in another recruit.  Aimee showed back up to work at lunch to help me out.

The sun was shining and it was warm so it wasn't a bad day to spend on the Magic Carpet.  Aimee took the boys over to Olympic Chair and I tried to get the girl to learn her heel edge side slip.  Basically I sat in the sun on an upside down rainbow cushion while she snowboarded in the slush.  Within a half an hour, Aimee was back with the boys.  They were way too good for Olympic, so she took them up to the top.

2pm was ramp building time.  Built up quite a nice one.  Aimee and the boys joined us for 180 practice.  I worked on backside 180s and the boys worked on frontside 180s.  Before long the day was over and we headed to the gondola for our mandatory download.  It was nice to end the season on a warm sunny day vs. the crappy rainy day we had yesterday.  We only had 23 kids (riders and skiers) on our last day so it was pretty quiet during lunch.  It's kind of nice but kind of sad as well.  I like the craziness of Christmas holidays and spring breaks.  My riding season isn't over yet.  I still have a few weeks to rack up a few more days.  Since I've been getting more comfortable with my snowboard leaving the ground, I think spring park riding is in my future.  Of course, I have a great coach in Aimee who is building my confidence so that helps.

0 comments: