Day 116 | Blackcomb

With Whistler closed, we are now forced to ride Blackcomb if we want to do any riding.  Not a big deal I guess.  I like Blackcomb, I just don't know it very well.  I met up with Aimee and we hit Jersey Chair and Jersey Cream right out of the gate.  The weather was cloudy, sunny, dark clouds, no sun etc etc.  It was cool yet warm when you dressed correctly.  The snow was springy!

I wanted to give the terrain garden a whirl but Aimee informed me there weren't any features in there.  How disappointing ... and how stupid.  Spring is the best time to build up some confidence in the terrain park because the snow is soft.  As a result, we were forced to find side hits and amuse ourselves with those.  Quite easy to do on Blackcomb once you find them.  I'm a bit of a wussy though and I need to hit something about 50x before I get super comfortable on it.  I haven't quite reached that status on Blackcomb yet.

Aimee got her 360 down off a cat track.  It looks pretty sweet.  I wasn't feeling very balanced today and I definitely had no pop in my legs.  I basically just winged it and went along for the ride.  We rode for 3-4 hours and had a good time though.

0 comments: