Day 98 | April fools

For April Fools Day, someone turned the "Peak 2 Peak" into the "Eat 2 Eat", complete with dining tables and chairs.  No idea what the story is behind it (yet) but check out the picture.  Everyone who noticed it found it quite entertaining.

My day started with six level four kids.  By the time we got ourselves situated, it was almost 10:15am.  It's super busy in ski school  (pic) and when there are 50-60 snowboarders to set up into different classes, it takes a lot of time.  My kids were the same kids I've had all week with the exception of one girl who showed up for the first time today.  She was a really good rider and had no problem keeping up with the class.  In fact, I would she was probably the best one in my class.

Skier visits for today much have been close to 15,000 because the runs were super busy and the lift lines were long.  There was even a 10 minute wait in the ski school line!  It snowed most of the morning and into the late afternoon.  We spent almost two hours at the CLC during lunch and when we got back to the Alpine, we were able to find fresh tracks heading towards Jolly Green Giant.

Two of my kids were signed out at lunch in order to spend the afternoon with their families.  My AC kid wasn't feel well again so he also went home at lunch.  I finished my day with three kids.  We didn't get much accomplished as far as a lesson plan was concerned.  The runs were too crowded to work on the sponsor turns I wanted to work on,  but the snow was awesome and the kids had fun just the same.

Luciano from Miami Beach.

0 comments: