Day 108 | fly-by

We had 15 kids to teach in Snowboard School which turned into four classes. Aimee had three level six kids who are running through the medium terrain park. James had four level fours - and one of the kids he's had all week so James wanted to take that class. There were no never-evers, however there were four kids who were returning one stars. That meant spending most of the day on the carpet in the rain. No thanks! The last class was level two, and one kid in that class has been in Ski School all week and he was quite a handful. I had no patience for him so I didn't take that class. That meant I was the one who got to go home. My first and only time this season .... I volunteered to go home when we had too many instructors scheduled.

 Before I could leave, we needed to make sure all the sixes fit together and all the fours fit together. James lead all the kids to the valley with Aimee and I trailing. Lucky me... they all fit. Technically when you're sent home, you get paid for two hours so you're required to "hang around" until at least 10am. But by that time, you might as well stay another hour and eat the free CLC lunch. So when we all got to the valley, I went with Aimee's class and took a run with them since I was planning on having lunch at 11am.

Whistler Blackcomb received another 5cm of snow last night (OMG!) so we were hoping there would be some good powder on the Peak. When we exited the gondola station, we found everything completely socked in with a heavy heavy fog. The light board wasn't even visible from the Roundhouse. Aimee decided to not go up the Peak, and instead headed for some tree runs in hopes of finding powder. There was powder, but unfortunately, there was a hard crust underneath from the warm temperatures the day before. Some spots were good and some spots were crappy.

Aimee lead us to the tree rails in the woods. I took some video of her and one of her kids hitting the tree. From there Aimee attempted to jump over a huge tree - (see video). It was a huge attempt and the video is funny as hell. I didn't do a great job at filming it because I was more in shock watching her go flying over! Luckily she didn't get hurt.
 

After the "fly-by" I headed down to the CLC to grab lunch and then I rode down to the village around noon. It was nice to have the afternoon off. Cabo and I had a great nap when I finally got home.

2 comments:

Linda said...

LOL - the video was funny!

Ronia Nash said...

I know! The more I see it, the more I laugh at it!