Day 106 | ice lolli's are nice

We've gone from 75+ snowboarders to 12 snowboarders.  Yes, the crazy days are over and we can now coast right to the end of the Whistler Kids season.  The clouds have stopped puking snow and they have given way to full on sunshine. Spring has finally sprung.

I had four level fours, two sets of brothers from the UK.  They all seemed pretty quiet first thing in the morning, but I thought once we got riding, they would loosen up and talk a bit.  No such luck.  None of them said two words all morning.  They were fast riders and followed right behind me no matter where I went.  (Not one word.)  We hit Marmot Trees ... that usually brings the excitement out of kids.  Nothing!  At lunch, one kid complained to his father about something and then Dad signed him out citing a bad knee, but I think he wasn't haven't any fun.

We went to Blackcomb in the afternoon.  Still no words.  Rode through the terrain garden ... nothing.  They even sat in separate corners on the Peak to Peak gondola, and not one word was spoken.  I hate when kids don't talk, but more importantly, I hate when kids don't even get excited about riding.  It felt like I was riding by myself today, only worse:  I had to go slow and I couldn't go where I wanted because these three boys were following me around.  Bummer!




0 comments: