Day 114 | demo

This is the last weekend for the Telus Fest and all the manufacturers are doing demos at the top of Whistler.  I'm looking to get a park board for next season so I decided to demo a couple boards.  First up was Prior.  I love my four year old Prior all mountain board but the poor girl has seen her days.  Since I went with Burton for my last freeride board, I thought I'd give Prior another try for next season.  I took out a 153 Brandywine with the new hybrid rocker.  Boy I am really glad I demo'd this board before I bought one because I hated it!  It was so stiff and non responsive.  I was so uncomfortable on it, I didn't trust myself riding switch with it.  Aimee demo'd the AMF and she didn't like that one either.

Next up was Ride Snowboards and something park specific.  I tried the Canvas and although it was superlight, I'm not sure it had the soft feel I'm looking for.  I went through the park a couple of times and didn't find the landings super comfy on the board, which is something I'm looking for.

We ran out of time to try anything else.  The weather was cold and windy.  7cm of snow fell overnight.  The park wasn't groomed very well and the groomers were just okay.  We decided to call it a day with hopes of making tomorrow a much better one.    

0 comments: