Day 62 | finally back to fun

5 Instructors, 4 Riders, 3 Classes -
I try very hard not to go home after I've already arrived at work.  To me, it's pointless to go home after two hours.  If I have to roll out of bed, get dressed and drag myself to the village ... then I might as well work.

A couple centimeters of snow fell overnight.  It wasn't anything spectacular but every little bit helps.  It also snowed all day (crossing my fingers it snows all night).  I had one level five girl, who usually shows up every weekend as she lives in Squamish.

We did a lot of riding today.  In fact, I haven't logged into Flaik.com since last year but felt compelled to see how much we rode:  21 miles (34km).  I would say that is above average for a daily lessons, depending on what level you have of course.  Flaik has also updated it's website to tell you exactly what runs you were on and how long you were on them.  I think I need to start logging into Flaik more often.

The snow conditions were surprisingly fun!!  There wasn't a ton of fresh snow but there was enough to cover up the crappy ice.  Bear Paw was icy but there was enough snow pushed around that you didn't have to turn on the ice.  We ran through the trees off Whiskey Jack about three times and even ventured up Peak Chair.

The visibility off Peak Chair was next to nothing.  I was wondering why there weren't very many people on Peak.  Even without perfect visibility,  I figured we could amble our way down Peak to Creek.  Once we got over the backside, I decided to follow a MAP ski group to West Bowl.  I have to admit I was a bit nervous when the only thing I saw were CLIFF signs everywhere.  Luckily that Instructor knew where he was going and knew where to traverse into the bowl.  We followed his class and then enjoyed some pretty decent snow.

By 2:15pm, we were both wiped out and tired.  We spent the rest of the afternoon at the CLC then took our last run down to the village.  Finally some fun snow conditions to teach in!  I guess all my whining from yesterday paid off.  : )




0 comments: