Day 70 | POW! right in the kisser

Another epic riding day in Whistler!  20 cm fell overnight once again, leaving us a snowbase of over 300 cm (117 inches) - total snowfall in the last 48 hours is 52 cm or 21 inches!!!  February has been awesome so far!

I was given the choice of level ones, level twos or level fours.  Which one do you think I chose?  That's right, level four!  I wanted so much to get up into the Alpine especially since the sun was shining first thing in the morning.  I was hoping the fours were super strong as I really wanted to get up Peak Chair when it finally opened in the afternoon but that was wishful thinking.  I'm not complaining though as we rocked through enough powder on green and blue runs that going up Peak wasn't even necessary.

We spent the morning on Whistler.  We weren't allowed to do any trees due to tree well dangers but we didn't have a problem finding any fresh deep snow.  In fact, we found fresh tracks on Ego Bowl late in the AM!  I had two boys and they were pretty quiet in the morning.  They didn't seem stoked to be riding in the awesome conditions.  Early on they said they wanted to do the terrain garden so I told them we would take a ride through after lunch.  

During the break I was given another kid from the level five class.  This kid was pretty silly and quite a talker so he livened up the class a bit.  After lunch we took the gondola to Peak 2 Peak and headed straight to the TG.  Of course, nothing in there was groomed and the boys didn't really do the jumps so I decided one run through there was enough.  After that we headed to Rosses Gold for powder turns and ended up finding a ton of fresh powder down that run and over onto Cruizer.  The boys loved that run and asked to do it again!  Now they were getting into the powder ... shouting and yelling every time we found some good stuff.  We did a lot of drops and hits on the sides of the runs.  It was a really fun afternoon.

The snow keeps falling as another few inches has already fallen in the last couple of hours.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow and crossing my fingers I get another class that can shred the gnar.  My boys from today are returning so maybe I can persuade my Supervisor into letting me take them again.    

   

0 comments: