Day 63 | WESP is finally fun




We had more snow overnight, not too much but enough to make the conditions fun, fun, fun!  And the sun was shining so that was a bonus!  In the morning, the level four class and I switched a couple of kids around.  I gave them one and they gave me one.  It changed the whole dynamic of my group, for the better.

I thought I'd change it up a bit for the kids so we took the Peak 2 Peak over to Blackcomb for the morning. We found so much nice powder on the blues off of Solar Coaster.  I think we managed to squeeze in three powder runs and then a run through the Terrain Garden before lunch.

After lunch, the sun was shining and the snow was amazing.  Peak to Creek was the run of the day and I asked my Supervisor if it was okay to take my kids up Peak Chair.  She gave me the green light and off we went.  The snow up there was great.  A few spots with crust underneath and a few spots with ice but for the most part, the run was awesome.  The kids had such a good time.  It was nice to finally get some emotion out of them.  They rocked the Peak to Creek in under 45 minutes so that left us having to take one more run before we finished the day.  We went through the trees off Whiskey Jack and the kids really loved that run also.  One kid is already asking if we can repeat today next week!  We rode over 17 miles.  That's definitely a WESP daily record this season.

0 comments: