Day 65 | Welcome to the Blackcomb Glacier

It was another sunny day in Whistler!  I think this season is going to set a record for sunny days.  I had the day off and enjoyed sleeping in and lounging in my bed until mid-morning.  Pippa's sister is visiting from New Zealand so I met up with them around 11:30am on Blackcomb.  We enjoyed a few runs on the groomers before meeting up with a few other people that Pip knows.

The trails were in pretty good shape considering we haven't received much snow in the last month or so.  Of course there were icy spots but most of the runs were covered with soft snow.  As always, you couldn't beat the views when the sky is blue and the sun is shining!

We had a pack of five and headed up Glacier Chair to see what the glacier had to offer for us.  I had never been up to the glacier before!  I was excited but wished it was a perfect powder day as the run down was nice but would have been awesome if I was making fresh tracks.  I will have to venture up there when the conditions are powdery!

After a brief break for lunch, we took a runt through the Terrain Garden.  It was a bit crowded but the jumps were groomed nicely.  After that, I headed back over to Whistler and ran down to Creekside to finish up my day.




0 comments: