Day 77 | arctic air



The arctic temps are back and are forecasted to stay until Sunday.  Man it was cold today.  When it's this cold, I want no part of snowboarding.  The Magic Carpet is my friend when the temps are single digits.  I was assigned level threes but quickly traded them for level ones, which then turned into having one Lil Ripper.  SWEET!  easy, easy day.  Not to mention I am still pretty sick so chilling with a Ripper on the Carpet was just what I needed (again).

By the time we got all 40 snowboarders signed in and loaded up to the CLC, it was close to 9:30am.  The morning went by fast as my guy was pretty keen to ride.  He could side slip on his heels and his toes.  We hung with the other two Rippers during lunch and spent some time coloring.

In the afternoon, we practiced turning until Jack fell on his leg and then started fake limping.  I believed he hurt his leg a bit but the exaggerated limp was kind of funny.  We went inside to take a break and ended up coloring most of the afternoon.  He was able to take one last run side slipping on his heels before time was up for the day.  It was a nice, uneventful day.  It was partly sunny, mostly cloudy and very very cold.  We need more snow!!  

0 comments: