Day 66 | what is this white stuff?

It started snowing around 8am and we're expecting 20cm of the white stuff to fall before this evening.  A front has finally moved through and the forecast calls for snow for the next three to five days.  Yippee! ... finally.

I headed down Creekside around noon and the snow was already amazing.  Unfortunately, the visibility was horrible.  I didn't find (nor did I look too hard) for anyone to ride with so I wasn't planning on staying out too long, especially if I couldn't see.  Once I reached the top of the gondola, I headed down Express Way to mid-station.  The snow was slow, not heavy but my board moved slowly.

Once I reached the Roundhouse, I decided to drop down under Franz and headed to Frog Hollow.  It's one of those runs that only locals tend to ski and it's usually a good place to find powder when everything else is tracked out.  The light was so flat, I had a hard time seeing the snow.  Frog Hollow was okay but it needs more snow to cover up the icy spots on some of the moguls.  Once I dropped back onto Franz's Run from Highway 86, I managed to ride down the left side in soft packed snow.  It was nice but I was tired and wobbly on some turns that I normally wouldn't be wobbly on.  Since I was alone, I thought I'd head back home and get some rest before I start my work week.  Hopefully it will be a fun week since the snow has come back to town.




0 comments: