Day 38 | getting hurt not allowed!

We had quite a bit of snow fall last evening, combine that with constant snow falling this afternoon, makes for lots of powder to play in with my level three class.  I was happy to be given a level that I could take to the top of the mountain and shred the gnar with.  Granted, they were low level threes but they all did great given the soft packed chunky snowy conditions.  Especially considering the word "groomer" did not exist today.  Nothing in the Family Zone was groomed but I wasn't complaining.

I started the morning with seven kids and quickly lost one to an injured collarbone on the very first run down Ego Bowl.  We managed to get in a couple runs before having to go in for lunch at noon.  During the break, I was given a level four girl who had sore legs and wanted to slow her pace down.  That gave me seven once again.

We spent the day dropping into the powder off Whiskey Jack into Ego Bowl then hitting some drops and jibs along the sides.  It was a wet day with all the snow that fell but we all had a ball in the soft snow.  And the day went by fast, which is always nice for me....

When I went into the office at the end of the day to fill out my paperwork for my injured kid, I was told by my Supervisor that his mother just finished yelling her out because he got hurt.  She felt kids should not be getting hurt in lessons and we were probably on a run that was above his level.  Of course I laughed at the notion of this and I was justified in the incident when I told my boss I had a level three class and we were on an easy green run.  Besides, shit happens - kids get hurt.  Hell, sometimes Instructors get hurt.  That's life!

0 comments: