Day 57 | private club

Two of my Club kids didn't show this week so I only had one --> Jaden.  I've only worked two days in the last week so I was happy to have a chilled out, stressless day.  There was about 2 inches of fresh snow outside my door this morning and WB was reporting 7cm fell overnight.  Peak to Creek was the run of the day and was rumored to have been groomed from top to bottom.  One Instructor had the bright idea to bomb it as the first run to get some fresh snow.  So we all piled into one gondola and three different levels headed for Peak Chair.

Lauren's kids didn't show so she didn't have a class.  Morgan was hanging around since it was his day off.  They joined the rest of us on the Peak to Creek run.  Once we got off the chair, we were all pleasantly surprised that more snow had fallen than reported and there were freshies to be found everywhere.  My kid was pretty slow and he face planted early on in the run.  He came down to me crying and said, "Ronia, I don't think I can do this."  Poor lil guy.  I calmed him down and once he stopped crying and caught his breath, he was ready to give it a go again.  We made it to the Creekside gondola just after 10:30am.  I would have liked to been able to play around in the powder a bit more, but I needed to stick with Jaden as I didn't want him to lose his confidence again.

After lunch we took a fun lap through Marmot Trees.  The snow was amazing today.  Especially after all the rain, ice, and spring like conditions we've had all week (or so I was told).  The sun was forecasted to come out in the afternoon but instead it snowed all day.  No one was complaining.  It's nice to have winter back.  We ended our day with a stop at the Tree Fort to feed the birds and then zig zagged down Goat's Gully.  I thought the day was going to drag on because of fair snow conditions, but the day went by fast and it was super fun!



0 comments: