Day 58 | the kid responsible

The kid responsible for showing all us Instructors the Baby Monkey video on YouTube was in my class today.  I was assigned levels 5/6 but traded with James for seven kids in level 3.  The temps were frigid today and I know the conditions were hard packed and I didn't want to deal with having to find terrain in the Alpine.  I was chill with teaching level 3 and staying at mid-station where it was a lot warmer and in the sun.

It took most of the morning to get my class straightened out and sorted.  We took a run down to the village and had our pictures taken before lunch.  After lunch we did about three laps on the Olympic Chair.  I had a big split in the class with two level fours and the rest level threes.  Most of the threes had horrible form so I spent the time off Olympic to try and help those kids out.  That run is so boring though that after three laps, I couldn't take it anymore and we continued down to the village.  From there we went straight to the top where we managed to squeeze in a run back to the CLC.  The kids spent the rest of the afternoon on the boxes set up in our kids terrain garden.  It was cold and the day was long but before I knew it, it was time to go home.


0 comments: