Day 35 | taking it into eleven

For the third or fourth day in a row, the sun was shining and with an inversion, the temps up top were amazingly warm!  A perfect day to work on that goggle tan.  I'm enjoying a couple restful days off so I wasn't in too much of a hurry to get up the hill.  I wasn't planning on riding much but I did want to take some photos while the sun was out.

I hit my ski out around 11am and rode down to the Creekside Gondola.  It didn't take long before I was standing in the very short Peak Chair queue.  I walked around the Peak area for a few minutes taking some pictures with the Canon SLR.  Then I snowboarded down the Saddle and made my way to mid-station.  I was hoping to take some photos from the Peak to Peak but I wanted a cabin to myself.  Of course, this being the end of holiday weeks, a weekend day, and the fact that I hit the P2P around lunchtime, there was no chance of me getting a cabin to myself.  I waited for over a half hour with no luck.  Because I was meeting Sarah for lunch, I finally gave up and hit the food line.

I spent over an hour shooting the breeze with Sarah and watching the Jr Hockey Game on TV at Seppo's.  After the game, I strapped the board back on and headed back to Creekside.  I didn't do much riding today but I got a few pictures which was my main focus anyhow.

It hasn't snowed in over a week so the conditions aren't that great.  Some runs are very icy while others are still soft packed.  The higher you go, the better the snow because there has been less traffic on those more difficult runs.

0 comments: